Translate

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 274 of Giving Thanks

How beautiful God’s word is. How promising is it to know that no matter what I am going through, that hope is in my life because of my Father. In times when my body just isn’t up to the tasks my mind lays out for it, I can go to Him. As I sit at my desk and look at the tasks to be completed, and I dig deep to find the energy to do it and I come up empty; then I remember to pray.

Simply said, Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” ~Matthew 11:28

Today Lord, I am light on energy, heavy on weary. It sometimes feels as I start to see things move in the right direction, my flesh pulls up the memory of exhaustion and pain. I thank You Lord, that through my journey, I am healed; that in my perils I know where to go – that all I have to do is come to You. Father, it is Your strength I seek and desire today. I give you Lord my emotional uncertainty, pain and tired joints. In Jesus’ name I bring this to You. Amen.

It is in my exhaustion that I remember that when I empty myself, I leave room for God to come in – to fill me with promise, hope and joy. And, this is what I am grateful for today, and reading Psalm 119 again, to be refreshed. .

You are my portion, O LORD; 
I have promised to obey your words.
I have sought your face with all my heart; 
be gracious to me according to your promise.

I have considered my ways 
and have turned my steps to your statutes.” ~Psalm 119:57-59



“Your word, O LORD, is eternal; 
it stands firm in the heavens.~Psalm 119:89

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me